Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome to Kids Playgrounds Singapore!

Ever since I stopped work to be a full time doctoral student and stay-at-home mum in mid 2010, I've been taking my little boy all over Singapore to explore outdoor and indoor playgrounds that we've not visited before, some are popular spots, some obscure. As Jerome and I visit more and more places, I thought other parents might benefit if I did a write up on them so they can decide if it's worthwhile a visit for some fun and good family time.

As I continue to read up research and complete my doctoral thesis on infant-toddler and child development, I figured this would be a great place for me to share in layman terms what I discovered about getting the foundation right for a baby/toddler/preschooler's social-emotional and cognitive development so that our children will get a good and healthy headstart when they enter their formal school years.

See the infant-toddler resource blog link below on some nuggets of research advice on bringing up baby/toddler:

1. infant-toddler development topics: how baby learns, preparing baby for school: what a kiasu mum learnt, socio development, cognitive development, routine 'prime' learning times.

2. Topics: childhood is not a race, will it ever get better (on early childhood teaching), the noble job of educaring, quality interactions - where can i find them?, what's the real problem in early childhood education in singapore.

3. Reviews on safe and healthy products for baby and toddler

http://www.infanttoddlerresource.blogspot.sg/


Meanwhile, a Blessed and Merry Christmas 2010!!

 this was my boy when he celebrated his first christmas in 2007



No comments:

Post a Comment